Xbox Game Pass in July 2022: Watch Dogs 2, As Dusk Falls and more
The second set of games coming to Xbox Game Pass in July has now been announced. The new selection includes Watch Dogs 2, As Dusk Falls, MotoGP 22, Inside, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation.
This latest selection of titles adds to the previous wave of games introduced to the Game Pass library earlier in the month, including Far Cry 5, Yakuza 0, Last Call BBS, and more. You can see everything included on Xbox Game Pass in July below.
As Dusk Falls is on Xbox Game Pass starting July 19
As Dusk Falls comes to Xbox Game Pass for console, PC, and cloud gaming on July 19. This is a Day One release for the service, and you can read IGN’s full 9/10 review here.
“As Dusk Falls is a branching storytelling masterpiece that makes the most of its comic book-style animations, which ultimately give you the opportunity to fill in negative space with your imagination – and it works surprisingly well. during some of the most intense scenes.”
Everything coming to Xbox Game Pass this month
Here’s the full list of games coming to Xbox Game Pass in July 2022.
- Far Cry 5 (console, PC, cloud) — Available now
- BBS Last Call (PC) — Available Now
- Yakuza 0 (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- Yakuza Kiwami (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- DJMAX Respect V (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- Matchpoint (console, PC, cloud) — Available now
- Road 96 (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- Escape Academy (Console, PC) — Available Now
- My Friend Peppa Pig (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- Overwhelm (PC) — Available Now
- PAW Patrol The Movie (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- PowerWash Simulator (Console, PC, Cloud) — Available Now
- As Dusk Falls (cloud, console, and PC) – July 19
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC) [email protected] — July 19
- Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 19
- MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console and PC) — July 21
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console) — July 21
- Inside (Cloud, Console and PC) [email protected] — July 29
Watch Dogs 2 is coming soon to Xbox Game Pass
Watch Dogs 2 is the latest Ubisoft game to hit Xbox Game Pass and continues the trend of Ubisoft titles coming to game subscription services like Game Pass or new PS Plus tiers. Watch Dogs 2 will be released on consoles, PC and cloud gaming starting July 19.
Every Yakuza game is now back on Xbox Game Pass
Now that Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 are back on Xbox Game Pass, that means the entire Yakuza catalog is now back on the service. Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6, and Yakuza: Like a Dragon are all available to play on Xbox Game Pass right now. With this new reunion, it’s now much easier to get started and easily play the entire Yakuza series.
Leaving everything Game Pass in July 2022
The following games are leaving the Game Pass library by July 31, so if you want to continue playing them, you’ll need to complete a purchase before they leave.
- Atomicrops (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Carrion (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Children of Morta (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Cree Tales (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Deadly League Blaze (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Katamari Damacy Reroll (cloud, console and PC)
- Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Omno (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)
First, your Game Pass subscription to have to not currently active – I repeat, you to have to not have an active Game Pass for this to work. Once you are confident, take the next step.
Then you need to invest up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold. You can easily buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes from Amazon or other retailers, priced at $60/£50 depending on your region.
I recommend stacking 2 years of Xbox Live Gold
The maximum stacking amount for Gold subscriptions is 36 months (costing $180), any more than that will not be lost. So to keep things safe for those who currently have a Gold subscription, I recommend sticking to just 2 years (costing $120/£100).
Now here comes the fun part. Once you’ve redeemed these codes and stacked your Xbox Live Gold membership to your liking, you can then convert this time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 ratio.
Go to the Xbox Live Gold upgrade page and convert the time you paid directly to Game Pass Ultimate. If you’ve never used the upgrade feature before, it will cost you $1/£1 (total cost is $121/£101). If you’ve used it before, the upgrade will cost you $14.99 / £10.99.
All in all, you’ll only pay $135 at most for 2 years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (down from $359). If you manage to complete a 3-year conversion, you will pay a maximum of $195 instead (instead of $539). Now that’s a big discount. Once you’re done, just make sure to turn off auto-renewal as well.
Best Xbox Game Pass games
Robert Anderson is a Transaction Expert and Trade Editor for IGN. you can follow it @robertliam21 on Twitter.