Parts of the massive new Mesa sports complex to open next week
MESA, AZ – The New Year will bring a massive new sports and entertainment complex to Mesa.
Starting next week, parts of the 320-acre facility located on Ellsworth and Pecos Roads adjacent to the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport will be open to the public.
Trying to capture all aspects of Mesa’s New Legacy Sports Park – is a sport in itself.
“It is the largest sports and entertainment complex in the country,” said President Brett Miller.
Mesa’s newest attraction is said to be 90 acres larger than ESPN Florida’s Wide World of Sports.
As of next Monday, some of the sporting parts of the $ 283 million complex are expected to be completed.
Some final touches are set on the following:
- Twenty sand volleyball courts
- Forty pickleball courts
- Eight baseball and softball fields
- a performance training center available for NFL combines
- 19 basketball courts
- a multipurpose field for soccer, football and lacrosse
- Outdoor stadium with a capacity of 5,000 seats with natural grass
- 12 beach volleyball courts with a 1,500-seat stadium
- obstacle course park
- 13,000 square foot health, wellness and fitness center
- Gymnastics, dance and cheer spaces, some for children.
- An 18,000 square foot bar and restaurant called “The Goat” is said to be one of the largest bars / restaurants in the state.
- Over 100 PCs for e-gaming
- 80 arcade games
- Acres for concerts and special events
- And Miller Way, which is Legacy Sports’ vantage point on Fremont Street in Las Vegas, which will also be home to take-out food options and two zip lines descending down the center.
Supply chain issues slowed down some aspects to start up, such as the metal needed for the zipline and the arcade game chips needed for the game’s operating system.
The idea for the Legacy Sports Complex has been a long-held dream, now a reality, for President and Founder Randy Miller.
“It brings tears to my eyes, it was something that was a dream that turned into a legacy that I was able to leave to my two boys,” Randy said from the front seat of his truck wrapped in a sticker. Legacy Sports.
Regardless of the sport, the resort is designed so that all members of the family can participate in the game, have a meal, and perhaps catch a show all in the same 320-acre Mesa location.
âYou don’t have to leave the park, you get entertainment here, a full day of fun,â said Brett.