Men’s Hockey No. 18 draws with Boston College in shootout victory
PROVIDENCE, RI – Cohen Olischefski scored in regulation as the No. 18 Providence College men’s hockey team tied Boston College 1-1 on Saturday night in front of a full house at Schneider Arena. The Friars earned the extra point in the Hockey East standings after shootout goals from Parker Ford and Nick Fish.
No. 18 Providence – 1 | Boston College – 1 – OT (PC wins shootout, 2-1)
Providence – 16-9-2, 7-7-1 ET | Boston College – 10-10-4, 5-7-3 HEA
Schneider Arena – Providence, RI
Jaxson Stauber (PC) – 26 stops
Eric Dop (BC) – 38 saves
– Boston College went first, 1-0, with a power-play goal from Jack St. Ivany at 11:51 of the first period after Parker Ford was whistled for a hook at 10:21.
– Cohen Olischefski found the equalizer for the Friars, 1-1, with 4:34 left in the second period. Olischefski was assisted by Riley Duran and William Richard on his eighth goal of the year.
– Both teams were scoreless in the third period and overtime. Providence held a 4-0 shooting advantage in the 3-on-3 session.
– The Friars outshot the Eagles, 39-28, in 65 minutes.
– In the shootout, Parker Ford and Nick Fish scored for the Brothers in the second and fourth rounds, respectively, while Jaxson Stauber stopped three of four shots.
– Providence ends the weekend with 5 of 6 points against the Eagles and is fourth in Hockey East, seven points behind first-place UMass Lowell.
PC GAMING HIGHS
Goals: Olischefski (1)
Assists: Richard, Duran (1)
Points: Olischefski, Richard, Duran (1)
Shots: Crozier (6)
Providence – 0/5
Boston College – 1/3
Providence – 39
Boston College – 27
The Friars will be on the road next weekend as they travel to UMass on Friday, January 28 for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop and Boston University on Sunday, January 30 for a 3:00 p.m. game against the Terriers.
For more updates on the Providence College Men’s Hockey Program, follow the team on Twitter @FriarsHockey.