Five things to know before the Tech Football game against Pitt
Get ready for the game as the Hokies host the Panthers on Saturday afternoon
The Virginia Tech football team will host Pitt this Saturday afternoon, October 16, with the CCA Coastal Division first place on the line. Tech’s annual Homecoming and Maroon Effect game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Tickets for Saturday’s game are still available starting at $ 65. Click here to find tickets.
Here are five things to know ahead of Saturday’s game between the Hokies and the Panthers:
1. Download mobile tickets BEFORE arriving at Lane Stadium. Ensure the smoothest entry into Lane Stadium by downloading mobile tickets in advance. Having the HokieSports app on a mobile device and being able to view tickets is not the same as having downloaded tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The HokieSports app requires internet to access a ticket account, but once tickets have been uploaded from the app to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, they live on that device. No internet connection is required to access mobile tickets once they are uploaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
For fans who need last-minute assistance downloading their mobile tickets, free Wi-Fi will be available in Hokie Village and at all gates (except Gate 8). Fans should search for a network called HokiesTicketsFREE to access their tickets account on their mobile device.
Visit HokieSports.com/MobileTickets for full details, including step-by-step instructions and an FAQ.
2. WEAR BROWN. For fans in attendance, Saturday’s contest will serve as the Hokies’ annual brown effect game in partnership with the Undergraduate Senate (formerly the Student Government Association). The official brown-effect long-sleeved t-shirts are still available for purchase online, and will also be available onsite at Hokie Village and Lot 4 before kick-off, as well as inside Lane Stadium.
3. It is the return to basics and the official start of the celebration of the 150th anniversary of Virginia Tech. All Hokies are invited to campus for a Friday Parade, Spirit Rally and fireworks. Then, on Saturday, attend the Homecoming Tailgate or attend the livestream. Visit alumni.vt.edu/homecoming for a complete program of events.
4. Fans can celebrate Virginia Tech Farming Day at Hokie Village. In the spirit of Tech’s Agriculture Day presented by Virginia Farm Bureau, fans will be treated to unique activities at Hokie Village. There will be an inflatable mechanical bull, as well as a petting zoo with mini ponies, rabbits, chickens, goats, mini pigs and more. Hokie Village will be open from noon to 2:45 p.m. this Saturday, across from Lane Stadium on Beamer Way.
5. Remember that the Lane Stadium concessions have become cashless. As previously announced, all concession stands have switched to cashless payment this year and will require a debit or credit card for purchase. Fans who do not have access to a card should consider purchasing a prepaid credit card from Kroger before the game. On game day, there will be a limited number of prepaid credit cards available in the Hokie Shop in the West Lobby.